Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Membership is by nomination only and is typically exclusive. Nominees are limited to psychologists who are at least five-years post-PhD and have authored at least five papers in top social psychology journals (e.g., the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology). Notable early members included Solomon Asch, Leon Festinger, Harold Kelley, and Stanley Schachter. Its current executive officer is Charles Stangor.
The official journal of SESP is the Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, one of the field's top journals. It is published by Elsevier and its current editor is Joel Cooper. In 2009 they announced the publication of a new journal, Social Psychological and Personality Science, a short report journal modelled after journals like Science and Psychological Science. Publication is slated to begin in January 2010.
SESP also holds an annual conference.
- Hollander, Edwin P. (1968). The Society of Experimental Social Psychology: An Historical Note. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 9 (3): 280–2.
- Membership Information. URL accessed on 2008-08-24.
- Distinguished Scientist Award Recipients. URL accessed on 2008-08-24.
- Officers and Committees. URL accessed on 2008-08-24.
- Journal of Experimental Social Psychology. URL accessed on 2008-08-24.
- 2001 Journal Impact Factor (Psychology). (pdf) URL accessed on 2008-08-24. [dead link]
- Social Psychological and Personality Science. URL accessed on 2009-06-24.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|