Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
- For the subject-matter, see teaching psychology
- Description of subject matter covered:
- Teaching of Psychology is the official journal of the Society for the Teaching of Psychology(Division 2 of the American Psychological Association)
- Covers teaching of psychology at all educational levels . Articles on pedagogical techniques; the learning environment; reviews of software; investigations of student, course, or teacher content, etc. are welcome, particularly those with empirical evidence.
- Articles may vary in length from 2,500 to 7,000 words.
- The journal has a number of sections:
- Methods and Techniques papers are those describing demonstrations, laboratory projects, other learning/teaching devices, or instrumentation (1,000-2,000 words). .
- Faculty Forum items may cover the full range of the journal's content policy, including commentary, criticism, or opinion. Brief contributions of innovative procedures, courses, or other materials are especially appropriate (1,200 words or less).
- Computers in Teaching articles examine the integration of computer technology and the teaching of psychology. Articles may review commercial or public domain software, describe innovative uses of existing or new computer technology, or assess the effectiveness of computer technology for the teaching of psychology. Articles describing computer assisted teaching methods must include empirical verification* of the utility of the technique.
- Office address:
- Journal Subscription Department
- Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc.
- 10 Industrial Avenue
- Mahwah, NJ 07430-2262
- Fax 201-236-0072
- Toll Free 1-800-9-BOOKS-9
- Editors contact numbers & submission details:
- Randolph A. Smith
- Department of Psychology #2402
- Kennesaw State University
- 1000 Chastain Road
- Kennesaw, GA 30144-5591
- 770-423-6863 (fax)
- Web presence
- Publication frequency: Quarterly
- Cost etc.
- Members of the Society for the Teaching of Psychology receive the journal in print as part of their membership
- Otherwise (20006) Individual:$40 - $70: Institutional $350-$425
Full texts available online
Volume 36 (2009)
Volume 35 (2008)
Volume 34 (2007)
- Koger, S., & Scott, B.A. (2007). Psychology and environmental sustainability: A call for integration. Teaching of Psychology, 34, 10-18. Full text
Volume 33 (2006)
Volume 32 (2005)
Volume 31 (2004)
- Yanchar, S., & Slife, B. D. (2004). Teaching critical thinking by examining assumptions: An instructional framework. Teaching of Psychology, 31, 85-90. Full text